I was reading a great blog entry today called "How to Sell an Idea". Within the article there was a hot tip highlighting questions C-level execs will ask. I think that part alone deserves highlighting.
Remember that any idea that ultimately rolls up for approval at the C-level should START with a primary points that meet the objective and challenges of the C-level audience.
This is a helpful checklist to run any presentation or idea through:
- Chief Executive Officer: Will it increase the value of the firm?
- Chief Financial Officer: Where's the return on investment?
- Chief Operations Officer: Can we execute on this plan?
- Chief Information Officer: Will it run on our systems?
- Chief Marketing Officer: Can the world understand it?
- Chief Sales Officer: Will our customers buy it?