Every year my father, Bert Decker (author, entrpereneur, 30-yr communications expert) posts his Top 10 Best and Worst Communicators of the year. This year you will see some twists and surprises.
Ten BEST Communicators of 2008
- Barack Obama
- Tim Russert
- Randy Pausch
- Colin Powell
- Mike Huckabee
- John Chambers
- Sarah Palin
- "New Communicators" -- Nancy Duarte, Garr Reynolds, Guy Kawasaki, Seth Godin
- Tina Fey
- Anderson Cooper
Ten WORST Communicators of 2008
- George W. Bush
- Richard Fuld
- Rod Blogojevich
- Elliot Spitzer
- Roger Clemens
- Sarah Palin (yes...best and worst! Read how that's possible)
- Dan Rather
- Al Davis
- Rosie O'Donnel
- John McCain
How is Bert qualified to post this list? Here's his bio:
Bert Decker is a national communications expert, best selling author and entrepreneur, founding the communications training company Decker Communications, Inc. He has been featured in the NY Times, Business Week, 20/20, as well as being the communications commentator for the NBC TODAY Show for the Presidential Debates.
- Coach to Charles Schwab, U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, former Mattel CEO's John Ammerman and Jill Barrad, Olympians Bonnie Blair and Tom Dolan, SF 49er All-Pro Brent Jones, and dozens of other executives
- Founder, Chairman and CEO of Decker Communications, Inc., a leader in communications training and executive coaching.
- Consultant to Siemens, State Farm, Schwab, Met Life, and many others
- Professional Speaker and best selling author of "You've Got to Be Believed To Be Heard" and "Speaking With Bold Assurance"
- Co-producer of an Academy Award documentary
- Entrepreneur, founder of four companies, Chairman of Bold Assurance Ministries, NBC TODAY Communications Expert commentator, Advisory Board Salvation Army
Follow him on Twitter @bertdecker